Summer Staff Position Descriptions
- Food Services: Serves meals and maintains our 350-seat cafeteria. Also assists with housekeeping on Monday and Saturday mornings. (15 positions)
- Lifeguards: American Red Cross certified lifeguard training is required for outdoor pool and beach areas. Also helps children with swim lessons. Cleans the 20-room Classroom building on Saturday mornings. (9 positions)
- Grounds Crew: Helps maintain campus through mowing, weed-eating, trimming, and spraying. Also collects trash twice a day on campus with the use of our campus garbage truck. (4 positions)
- Guest Services: Assists in guest relations and campus security. Helps to staff the Reception Center which is the focal point of help for guest needs. Assists with group check-in and check-outs. Work four different rotating shifts 24 hours a day. (4 positions)
- Building Supervisors: Checks in and assists the guests during their stay by cleaning the buildings in which guests are staying during the week. This includes cleaning as well as minor outdoor cleaning. (10 positions)
- Rec Crew: Provides water coolers for outdoor activities. Help coordinate kayaking for guests. Rec Crew also maintains the gym, putt putt course, tennis court, gaga pit, and volleyball court. They also maintain basketball, volleyball, and mini-golf equipment during the summer. (3 positions)
- Retail: Serve in either the PX (gift shop & Channel Marker coffee shop) or the Drift Inn (snack shop). Also helps in Housekeeping on Monday and Saturday mornings. (6 positions)
- Camp Seabreeze: Assist in the operation of day camp program for local children. Camp Seabreeze is a learning experience that is taught with fun for grade school children who are rising 1st through 5th grade. Camp Seabreeze campers spend much of their time in large group participation in outdoor activities like beach and pool swimming, sports and games as well as indoor arts and crafts. (Nine positions) Also, a Seabreeze assistant director will be hired and tasked with helping run the day camp.
- Coastal Explorers: Coastal Explorers is a summer day camp that utilizes the great outdoors for its setting. The CE program will introduce campers to a unique blend of educational and recreational activities, that will give rising 6th through 8th graders an unforgettable summer experience! (Four positions) Also, a Coastal Explorer assistant director will be hired and tasked with helping run the day camp.
- Warehouse: Operate the campus warehouse which provides supplies for camp operation. Also responsible for the supervision and completion of vending and linen service on campus. (3 positions)
- Servant Leadership Team: Staff who coordinate all staff activities and assist in all work groups throughout the summer. (4 positions)
If you would like to apply, then click this link and fill out the questionnaire. You may put up to three positions in order of preference on the online application. Please fill out all of the questions as requested. Your application will not be considered until we receive references for you through our online reference form.
If you have any questions, please call our main office at (910) 278-9501 and ask to speak with someone about Summer Staff.