COVID-19: Guest Expectations
The following is subject to change based on local and state guidelines provided in dealing with the pandemic.
It is imperative for each group to perform a health check of all members coming with them to Fort Caswell before leaving.
- Temperature: If any guest has a person in their household who has had a temperature of 100.4 or higher, they will not be eligible to visit.
- Symptoms listed by the CDC: cough, shortness of breath, fever, chills, muscle pain, headache or sore throat, and/or the recent loss of taste or smell. Verify that no one in your group is exhibiting two or more of these symptoms. If they have, or if they have been in contact with someone who was infected in the past two weeks, they must stay home.
- Pack basic approved cleaning supplies needed for cleaning your building's common areas/hot spots while here on campus.
Please refer to the EPA list of disinfectants to use.
4. While traveling to Fort Caswell, take every precaution against exposing your group to others at stops along the way. Avoid unnecessary or unfamiliar stops.
5. Fort Caswell Reservation Staff will ask each group leader for a report of their group's health upon arrival. Group member's temperatures will be checked and if anyone is found to have a temperature of 100.4 or more, the group will not be allowed to register and will need to return home.
During Your Stay
It is also imperative for each group leader to do their part in protecting their group as well as other guests/groups while at Fort Caswell.
- Perform frequent cleaning of your housing high traffic and high touch areas.
- Social Distancing: Each group leader is required to enforce social distancing of their group from other guests/groups, especially while indoors (outdoor areas are much safer and are recommended).
- Face coverings are to be worn in all common areas and indoors any time that social distancing cannot be fully ensured, such as in any indoor area that is not your group lodging. This includes but is not limited to the Main Office, Cafeteria, PX, Hatch Auditorium, Classroom, Chapel, elevator, and lobby area when you are with guests who are not part of your group.
- In addition to Social Distancing and wearing face coverings, follow CDC health, safety, and personal hygiene guidelines at all times:
- Cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue and promptly discard.
- Wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 sec., especially after visits to the restroom, before eating, and after coughing, sneezing, or blowing your nose.
- Use hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol if soap and water are not available.
- Avoid touching eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
Checking out and assisting with clean up:
- Check out will be in the morning by 10:00 am. Buildings will not be available after checking out for groups to return.
- All groups are asked to assist with the turn-over process by removing all trash to the bins by the road.
- Groups are responsible for any damages to the buildings.
Covid-19 Information during Guests/Group Retreats
The following are general and specific measures we are asking every retreat guest to follow:
- Face Coverings: Worn when inside (except in Guest Rooms/Church Group individual cottages/houses) and when in close proximity to other guests.
- Face Coverings while in the Cafeteria: Please wear your face covering while in the cafeteria until you have been seated. Remember to wear your face covering if you are getting up from the table to take your tray or to get refills.
- Worship Times: We ask that attendees sit with only those from their church groups. (Fort Caswell retreat may have assigned seats in place for particular retreats depending on space and numbers). Face Coverings will be worn in meeting spaces until guests have been seated with their individual groups.
- Using the free time within the given retreat: plan a mini-retreat with your group or use the time to visit the local community rather. Avoid close proximity with guests from other groups.
- Social Distancing will be observed in the cafeteria, main office, and the PX.