Overnight Field Trips
An Overnight Trip is a great option for school groups wanting to experience more activities all in one place and/or see the local surrounding sites in the Cape Fear Region. Students will rotate in groups through three activity stations in three hour time blocks either in the morning and/or afternoon. Not only can your students learn about estuaries and ocean life during the day, but they can also participate in our optional evening programs, which include Ghost Crab Hunt, Bonfire and S’mores, Pirate Scavenger Hunt, and History Hayride.
Our campus is blessed to have many amenities and recreational options for our guests. Students and teachers can use the gym for basketball and games, play Putt-Putt, hangout at the Drift Inn, and take a dip in the pool.
$10/student for each ½ day program. There is no program fee for teachers or chaperones if staying at Fort Caswell.
Accommodation for School Groups
Boy’s and Girl’s Barracks
– Large bunk rooms. Guests must bring their own linens, towels, and pillows.
– 50 person minimum / 175 maximum for each building
– Dormitory style housing. Guests must bring their own linens, towels, and pillows.
– 6 residence buildings available. Minimum / Maximum occupancy vary by building
– Fort Caswell also offers cottages and hotel-style housing.
To hear about our full range of housing options, please call Reservations at (910) 278-9501