Overnight Field Trips
Overnight trips are available as one or more half-days to student groups staying on-site. Students will rotate between 3 stations at one site. The program lasts for 3 hours and is offered in the morning or afternoon. Nighttime Ghost Crab Hunt, Pirate Program, and History Hayride are available in the evening by request at an additional cost.
$10/student for each ½ day program. There is no program fee for teachers or chaperones if staying at Fort Caswell.
Accommodation for School Groups
Boy’s and Girl’s Barracks
– Large bunk rooms. Guests must bring their own linens, towels, and pillows.
– 50 person minimum / 175 maximum for each building
– Dormitory style housing. Guests must bring their own linens, towels, and pillows.
– 6 residence buildings available. Minimum / Maximum occupancy vary by building
– Fort Caswell also offers cottages and hotel-style housing.
To hear about our full range of housing options, please call Reservations at (910) 278-9501
Accommodation for Teacher Groups
– Features spacious bedrooms, a living room, a large kitchen, a premier dining room, and conference room – 24 person minimum
Smith Conference Center
– Provides adult accommodations, a dining room, and conference facilities. – 4 persons per room maximum